What if we thought of commodity as a behavioral healthcare system that provides a compassionate and effective experience for the clients it serves, as well as one that is responsible for the commodities that facilitate positive holistic lives of clinicians and staff who provide the care?
We can’t imagine that there would be much disagreement on the benefit of such a system, yet to accomplish such a goal requires an agreement that there are things that we can do that move us towards the goal of creating a smarter, more effective system. What are the relational practices that might move a behavioral system in that direction? How do we identify and practice these qualities together?
Voices from the Field
One of the gaps in information for therapists, and therapeutic treatment, is that we do not know what other therapists in our own community are doing. NEJRSP is hoping to bridge that gap by giving therapists a vehicle and a voice to talk about what works.
In practical terms, it would be interesting to know:
- How are therapists and their clients in Chelsea and Lawrence are coping during this pandemic?
- How are therapists adapting to Zoom meetings? What are the elements of Zoom that are therapeutic? What are the limitations of Zoom to the therapeutic process and the problems of risk?
- Has anyone found a way forward with overworked parents struggling with their own work while providing education and child care at the same time?
- Has anyone begun to effectively treat the vicarious trauma of our health care workers?
- How are therapists talking about race, identity, and sexuality with their clients now? How are clients talking about race, identity, and sexuality with their therapists?
- How are community mental health therapists, directors, and administrators adapting systemically to the pandemic?
- When police officers attend therapy, do they talk about their perspective on Black Lives Matter? What do they say?
These are local issues, and much more.
Let us publish your ideas about your own day to day work, and the insights you gain from month to month, and year to year.